Our Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Program
At GSH Medical, our goal is to help you maintain functional levels of hormone in your tissue. The result is that the cellular, metabolic and chemical reactions in your tissue required for normal physiology will be maintained, thus reducing the risk of chronic diseases of aging. In addition to this, whatever symptoms you had that were a result of deficient hormones will be reduced or eliminated. Under Dr. Flamer’s care hundreds of patients have experienced a full or significant reduction in their most troubling symptoms. We commonly hear from our patients that when they are on the appropriate hormone program for their levels, they have significant if not full relief of their fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, depression, low libido, sleep disturbances, muscle and joint pains and decreased mental function.
From the perspective of reducing diseases of aging, we know that there are associations between the following diseases and hormone deficiencies: osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, macular degeneration, incontinence, hypertension, dyslipidemia, to name a few.
The benefits of hormone balance translate not only into relief of symptoms and restoring function back to your tissues, but also has a significant impact on your relationships with the people in your life. Its hard to be fully present with those you love when you are not feeling your optimal self. With hormones in balance, you will be more able to address the relationships, situations and challenges in your life that require your attention.
Dr. Flamer will look at your unique situation using information from an in-depth review of your symptoms and medical history, and various modalities of diagnostic testing and create for you a customized program designed to meet your goals.
Please note that because the majority of our services are not considered medically necessary and involve alternative or complementary medicine as well as testing that is not covered by OHIP, there are fees for our services.
What to Expect at Your Appointments
- First Visit
- Includes a review of your current health goals, review of past and current medical history.
- Test requisitions will be provided (saliva testing kits, lab tests, other if needed)
- Education about your particular hormonal situation and how bio-identical hormones, natural supplements and Dr. Flamer’s approach will be of benefit to you.
- Second Visit
- This appointment is booked for a minimum of 3 weeks after your first visit, to give the test results time to be sent back to our office.
- This visit includes a review of your saliva test results, blood test results and any other test results
- A physical examination may be performed depending on the clinical context.
- Follow-up Visits
Frequency of follow-up visits may vary depending on the individual, Dr. Flamer will discuss this with you during your second visit.